The Internal Audit Unit is a work unit within the Company that performs audits and gives independent, objective, and professional advice.
The establishment of the Internal Audit Unit refers to Bapepam-LK Regulation No. IX.1.7, attachment of the Decree of the Chairman of Bapepam-LK No. Kep-496/BL/2008 dated November 28, 2008, regarding the Establishment and Guidelines for Drafting an Internal Audit Charter (Bapepam-LK Regulation No. IX.1.7). This regulation was later revoked to OJK Regulation No. 56/POJK.04/2015 dated December 29, 2015 (POJK No. 56/2015). The Company’s Internal Audit Unit always complies with POJK No. 56/2015.
Internal Audit Unit’s Charter
The Internal Audit Unit Charter has been approved by the President Director and the Audit Committee Chairman. This charter discloses guidelines, which include:
- Structure and position;
- Duties and responsibilities;
- Code of Ethics;
- Membership requirements;
- Stipulation and renewal of the charter.
Internal Audit Unit’s Structure and Position
Referring to POJK No. 56/2015 and the Company’s Internal Audit Charter, the Internal Audit Unit shall consist of at least 1 (one) Internal Auditor. The size and level of complexity of the Company’s business activities determine the number of internal auditors required. The Head of the Internal Audit Unit, who reports directly to the President Director, may be appointed and dismissed by the President Director with approval from the Board of Commissioners.
The letter of appointment dated January 4, 2022 signed by the President Director and President Commissioner appointed Rudy Sugianto as the Head of Internal Audit Unit.
Internal Audit Organization Structure
Head of Internal Audit Unit: Rudy Sugianto
Internal Audit Unit Member: Amy Benita
Duty and Responsibility
The Internal Audit Unit conducts periodic evaluations of the Company’s risk management system, internal control, and Good Corporate Governance (GCG) processes through various activities and discussions. This assessment attempts to strengthen the company’s values and operational performance.
The Internal Audit Unit’s duties and responsibilities with respect to the Internal Audit Charter and its implementation during the 2022 fiscal year are as follows:
- Prepare and execute its annual internal audit work plans;
- Assess and evaluate the internal control and risk management system pursuant to the Company’s policies;
- Conduct audit and assessment as to efficiency and effectiveness in financial, accounting, operation, human resources, marketing, information technology and other activities;
- Provide corrective recommendations and objective information on audited activities within all management levels;
- Prepare reports on the result of the audit and submit them to President Director;
- Monitor, analyze, and report the implementation of recommended improvements;
- Work with Audit Committee and other governance functions such as External Audit, Risk Management, Project Management Office and Quality Management;
- Prepare a program to evaluate the quality of the activities carried out by Internal Audit; and
- Conduct a special audit, if necessary, as approved by President Director.
Internal Audit Unit’s Code of Ethics
The Internal Audit Unit strictly conforms to the Company’s and Internal Audit Unit’s code of conduct when performing its duties and responsibilities.
The Internal Audit Charter establishes the Internal Audit Unit’s code of ethics, which includes the following:
- Work honestly, diligently, and responsibly;
- Obey the law and make any disclosure that is required by legal and professional rules;
- Not involved in any illegal activities, or in any actions humiliating the Internal Audit profession or the Company;
- Respect and contribute to the ethical objective of the Company.
- Not participating in any activities or relationships that may disturb, or be deemed to disturb unbiased judgment. This includes activities or relationships which are probably against the organization’s interests.
- Not accept anything that could interfere with, or be perceived as interfering with, professionalism in providing assessments
- Disclose all known material facts;
- Exercise appropriate care in the use and keeping of the information obtained during the service.
- Not use any information for personal gain or in any manner which are against the provisions of laws and regulations or detrimental to the ethical objective of the Company.
- Provide services in accordance with the required knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Perform audit based on The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Consistently improve competency and effectiveness as well as the quality of the audit.
Internal Audit Certification
The Company has implemented appropriate accreditation for all members involved in the audit activities for the Company’s activities.
One of the professional certification fulfillment for the audit officers includes the participation of the Head of Internal Audit Unit in Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) training held by the Center for Accounting Development, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia (PPA FEB UI).
Internal Audit Duty Implementation Report in 2022
Throughout 2022, the Internal Audit Unit has conducted audits in the Company and each company under the Company’s portfolio with the series of activities as follows:
- Develop and implement annual internal audit plan;
- Analyze and evaluate implementation of internal control and risk management systems in accordance with the policies set by the Company;
- Conduct testing and assessment of efficiency and effectiveness related to finance, accounting, operations, human resources, marketing, information technology and other activities;
- Provide recommendations for improvement and objective information about the audited activities at all management levels;
- Prepare and submit audit reports to the President Director and the Board of Commissioners;
- Monitor, analyze, and report on the implementation of recommended follow-up improvements;
- Cooperate and communicate directly with the Audit Committee;
- Develop a program to evaluate quality of ongoing internal audit activities.
The Internal Audit Unit has evaluated effectiveness of the Company’s Internal Control System, Risk Management and Corporate Governance processes implementation as well as assessed the efficiency and effectiveness of all the Company’s activities in finance, accounting, operations, human resources, information technology and other activities. The audit report has been submitted to the President Director and the Audit Committee. The audit report is used as a recommendation and reference in the follow-up implementation.
Rudy Sugianto began his career at Pricewaterhouse Coopers as Senior Associates-Audit in 2003-2005. Next, he joined PT Axis Telekom Indonesia as Revenue Assurance Manager (2005-2011). His knowledge and experience in finance and audit were sharpened from his involvement in several companies, such as PT Rajawali Corpora as Internal Audit Manager (2011-2013), PT Multipolar Technology Tbk as Head of the Accounting, Tax, Operations Support Division (2013-2018) and most recently as Head of the Accounting and Finance Division (2019 – November 2021). Currently, he is serving as Head of Internal Audit Unit at PT Multipolar Tbk (since January 2022) and Head of Internal Audit Unit at PT Multipolar Technology Tbk (since May 2022).
He is an Indonesian citizen and 42 years old as of December 31, 2022. He earned his Bachelor of Accounting degree from the University of Indonesia in 2002.